Monday, February 16, 2009

Hale-Page-Diamond Lake

Thanks to Jeri for making contact with the HPDL neighborhood group! I (Will P.) will be attending the next HPDL community safety meeting on Monday the 23rd of Feb at 6:30. If anyone else is interested in joining me I would appreciate another voice. We have about 10 minutes to present our group description and answer a few questions.

I'm glad we have this opportunity! HPDL has one of the most dangerous parts of Cedar; a high speed zone with residential areas across from one of Minneapolis' largest parks .. and no crosswalk... They are also the gateway area between 77 and Cedar Ave; an important, but overlooked, boundary. And lets not forget the Nokomis Bridge, identified by the city as a [potential] safety issue. This could also be a great time to talk up the potential 'South Metro Bikeway'.

e-mail me at cedartraffic@gmail.com if you are interested in attending the meeting with me. Thanks!
-Will

No comments: